I believe that life gives you a good and safe path or a bad and dangerous path to take.
My brother and I raced down the mountain when we decided after a while to stop and wait our mom helping my neighbor. As we waited and waited and waited we realized we had taken the wrong turn. We had taken “Eagle’s Wing” a black diamond path instead of the “Kids Club” path. There was no way we could climb up the mountain to the right path. I could tell this was just the beginning of the chaos.
We sat down and waited as we thought of what to do. As a person who worked on the mountain passed us with his snow mobile we tried to get his attention but the snow mobile was too loud for us. Then a very nice couple asked if anything was wrong. We told them and they answered “come on let’s go to the bottom of the mountain and look for your parent’s while John, my husband gets help.” We skied down the mountain as Amy, John’s husband trailed behind us. Once we got down the mountain we started looking. It was a good thing our neighbors came with us on our trip because we found our neighbor’s not too long after that. We told Amy we found our neighbor’s and than she left to tell John the news. Our neighbor’s took us to our parents ASAP and when they saw us they rushed up to us asking lot’s of questions. My parent’s were so worried that they were in tears.
After all of this had happened I felt stupid and I felt like a terrible role model for my brother. I also felt bad for what I had done to my mom and dad. If I wouldn’t have raced my brother down the mountain with out stopping after going a bit like my mom’s expectations none of this would of happened. But I took the wrong path and consequences were big.
I leaned a lot that day. I learned to be careful about the choices I am about to make. I also learned that if you make the wrong choice or take the wrong path that there followed by consequences. I have to admit sometimes its hard making the right choice. It’s like there’s a scary path and a happy path but you don’t know which is which. But also sometimes you have got to do what you’ve got to do. What my not be good for you but for others.
I will always remember that day. I am now careful with my decisions and I’m a better role mottle. Have you ever token the wrong path and got caught by bad consequences? I have.
Betsy, I completely agree that life is filled with times when we have two different paths to take. That is great that you learned from your mistake to be more careful with your decisions and be a better role model.
ReplyDeleteGreat writing!
Ms. Schmitt