Life is Not Fair Sometimes
By, Natalie E.
I believe that life might not be the best or very fair, but you should still have hope that it will get better!
I could smell dinner, I remember waiting at the table. Of course my mom called me to go get the milks. So I got up and got the milks. I came back and set them down, then I sat down. However Will grabbed my milk and drank it! Boy was I mad! I marched right over to tell my mom. She said, “honey it’s ok.” Eventually, I said “fine.” Later on Will started getting red and itchy. My mom said he’s having an allergic reaction and that we need to go to the hospital. It turns out, he’s allergic to almost every type of food. From that day forward I have HOPE that someday he would be able to eat what we eat.
That day I realized that life isn’t always the best and isn’t always fair. I learned that sometimes you have to be scared for someone. When I was scared for my brother, I didn’t even know what to think. I was relieved to find out he was ok. Even though you might want life to be perfect, it probably will never be. You never know what life will throw at you.
I have learned from this very scary time about life. I now know that Gods here. So anytime he has a reaction, I know he’ll be safe or at least Gods watching over us. I never would of thought about that but my friends and family all told me that. It still surprises me that life isn’t perfect.
Now every time he tries something new, I’m still scared, who wouldn’t be? The good thing is I watch what I eat because he can’t have a lot of sugary things like pop so neither do I. I wash my hands often, especially after I eat, to keep him and me safe. Even when my friends are over I make sure they wash their hands too. This experience has made me grow as a person because I’m more aware of my surroundings and health of my brother and family. I will always have that thing called HOPE!
Even though life might not be the fair there’s a light at the end of every hall.
No comments:
Post a Comment