Enthusiasm Takes Over
By: Diahann D.
I was 9 years old, at my house. I ran upstairs to grab some bug spray. My heart was thumping with excitement. I was very itchy from the HORRIBLE bugs. I also had to get some for the rest of my family. I was so excited to start playing outside again. I ran downstairs. I was running toward the glass door (not knowing the door was closed) and ran into it. I won’t forget when I was really enthusiastic.
What I noticed now, is that I learned I should try to control myself. There is just a time for humiliating yourself. When I weirdly ran into the door I began hysterically laughing. My cousin, Danny, saw me run into the door. I felt really dumb. I couldn’t feel sad because I knew I can learn from my mistakes.
I have used this lesson to help me think before I do something and to “Open my eyes”. It made me cautious (kind of). It made me trust myself. There are people who remind you of your mistakes. It’s surprising to me that one mistake can change you a lot.
When I look in the past, I think about what changed my mind about why I became cautious. There is always a period of time when you get humiliated. There is a safe place where you can just live your life. To be a family we need to live with our mistakes, not just one. This mistake has reminded me that you can let go of your mistakes an be fun or ENTHUSIASTIC!
Try to make yourself more cautious and to BE CAREFUL
No comments:
Post a Comment