Monday, January 3, 2011

My Ruined Birthday

My Ruined Birthday
By Diahann Dinh

I started putting up my decorations. I was so excited for my fourth birthday. I kept asking my mom this exact question, ”Is it time yet?” She would always answer no. I felt really disappointed. I could just taste the delectable cake in my mouth after blowing out my four candles. When I was helping my mom clean my house I was also trying to count how many people were coming to my party. After we cleaned the house it was spotless. I heard a powerful thud against the door. I opened the door. All my cousins bolted into my house. That’s when I knew it was time for my party to start. We all went into my basement to make a clubhouse. We used boxes, blankets, tents, suitcases, and chairs. I felt pleased with the clubhouse. After playing in and destroying our clubhouse it was time for cake. I was wondering how many slices I could eat. I was sitting right in front of my cake. My family sang the Happy Birthday song to me. I was charmed to hear that song. I was about to close my eyes and make a wish. Then, I heard abrupt sound of laughter. I was very confused. I opened my eyes and my little sister, Delenna, dropped her birthday hat in to my birthday cake. I was deceived. My sister ruined my birthday! Delenna was only one year old, though. I was also humored by my sister’s mistake. That’s how my sister ruined my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment