Monday, January 3, 2011

HEAD-FIRST INTO DANGER

It all started like this: It was a chilly December day at Brookview Elementary in First Grade. We were heading to Music Concert Practice at the High School. I despised School Concerts, because my feet would always explode from standing for so long, and the songs were usually pretty dumb. I was walking and chatting with my friends when the unthinkable happened: I walked straight into a Pencil Sharpener. "Ow!" I cried, as my teacher rushed to my aid. She gave me a Paper Towel to cover it and placed me out in the hall, where my kids saw me and asked "Are you Okay?" I hoped I was as I bawled my eyes out.

My teacher, soon after, bolted me over to Nurse Williams. She gave me a Band-Aid (which was too small for the injury), and phoned my Dad. I couldn't believe it. I thought to myself: How could I be so foolish as to walk into a Pencil Sharpener? Dad soon came over. "Noah!" he exclaimed, and observed the injury. He soon grabbed me, signed me out of School, and we got in the car. As we sped away, I was still crying, and now worried- what was going to happen to me?

Dad drove at a thunderous pace to a Doctor's office. I was starting to stop yammering, but I still didn't feel so well. I couldn't stand the pain much longer, but luckily we skidded to a stop at a Doctor's right that moment. After waiting a few minutes, the Doctor called us into a room. The Doctor told me I needed stitches. "Are thouse going to hurt?" I asked, afraid. "Of course not" he said. Too bad they did. I think I may have cried more than I did when I hit my head. This WASN'T my day.

After several pain-inducing more minutes, we were on our way back. I wasn't feeling much better with the stitches, but we were headed back. First, Dad bought some McDonald's. "Don't tell your brother" he authorized, and I knew if my brother found out, he would be angry and ask "Why didn't I get McDonalds?" If he wants it, go bang into a Pencil Sharpener. After I finished scarfing down my McNuggets., we went back to the High School, just in time for Music Concert Practice... or not.

Wah wah wah. As it turned out, the moment I arrived, they were leaving. I strolled into the Auditorium while our Music Teacher was talking. Everyone turned toward me. A few kids, including my friend Cameron, asked if I was Okay. I just walked into a Pencil Sharpener and got stitches. I felt great. Later, I made up my mind: I wasn't going to the Concert. To this day, I can still clearly recall that day. The Day... I walked... into a PENCIL SHARPENER.

No comments:

Post a Comment