My Surgery
By: Noah F.
I won’t forget the day I went into surgery, I was scared to death.
There was NO way I was undergoing surgery for me ears. My parents must have been completely bonkers to force their own child into this. I was extremely scared, fearing something would go wrong. For this reason, during this event I experienced true fear.
Later, my dad and I drove out to mercy hospital where a doctor was going to meet us. I was very nervous, although my dad comforted me, I still wasn’t feeling that great. We met Doctor Ganski, who took pictures of my ears from random angles. After that, he and dad gave me some information about the surgery (but that only made it worse). By that point I was already sure of one thing: Surgery would be soon and I was NOT ready.
Then, one day, after all my panicking and begging for it not to happen, it was time. My surgery had arrived. The doctor told me not to drink or eat anything that morning. Anyway, we drove the hospital. After waiting and putting on the outfit for the surgery, I was led into the surgery room. The doctors gave me anesthesia, and I feel into a deep and peaceful sleep. As it turns out, surgery was a lot quicker than I thought!
After surgery, I hazily conscious again, and woke to a smiling nurse. My parents then came in, and soon, we left for home. I had to wear bandages around my head (of course, not my face), and I had to wear them for a few weeks. During one of those days we had to visit the doctor to remove the bandages, unfortunately, the sight made me turn mayonnaise white, and I almost fainted, so we kept them on a little longer. Maybe I made such a big deal out of the surgery, something that was so small?
Whenever I look back on this event, I think maybe I made too big of a deal out of it. Maybe it was more afraid of me than I was of it? Who knows? But I DO know, this event changed my life forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment