Monday, January 3, 2011

Perspective of Life

Perspective of Life

By: Andrea L.

I believe our elders change our perspective of life. In 2008 my great grandfather passed away. I was 9 and in 3rd grade. I wasn't crying much because I didn't
know him very much. I was never really close to him. As it got closer and closer to the funeral I became more and more sad. I realized that I had cared about him more than I had thought at the beginning. When he was then buried I started crying and realized I did know him just more than I felt. To this day I dearly miss him.

What I realize now is death is much more than I had thought. My uncle had died a year earlier. I was devastated when he had passed away. I wasn't as sad when I had found out my great grandpa died. I was also relieved because he was in a lot of pain and he was finally out of it.

I used his death to look at life in a different way. It made me realize I should enjoy life while it lasts.
Also to appreciate how many family members I have. Spend as much time with them as I can. And I should take advantage of who I have because other people aren't as lucky and probably don't have 40+ people in their family.

As I look back at this it makes me think about life and how to live it. You shouldn't take your family for granted because your family is important. Everyone should spend as much time with their family because family will not be with you for forever.

Sometimes I do take my family for granted but when I think about it I realize I shouldn't. Then I appreciate them being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment