12/19/10 Breaking Free By: Brianna B.
I believe that life comes and goes and that things happen that happen that you may not want to happen and you and you have to move on as life goes on, but always have memories.
A pit filled in my stomach and, I started to feel a ton of sadness. I felt so lonely and, I couldn’t think straight. My grandpa was gone. That totally ruined my day. I was so excited to come home and see my parents and have them tell me grandpa was feeling better and that he couldn’t wait to see me and my sister. But my parents showed a ton of love for me and, they felt empathy for me, because they knew I needed their help.
As I look at it now, three years later I see I kind of learned a lesson that day. I learned that sometimes life won’t be fair and it will be hard but people, like your family will show a ton of love and empathy and they will help out when you need it. When my parents told me that my grandpa had been in a four-wheel accident because had gotten hurt and will be in the hospital for a while because he had crushed his ribs, and a broken hip. All these thoughts traveled through my mind. The main ones were that I couldn’t believe he had gotten hurt but, I knew he was going to get better. Each weekend when my parents went to see him, I kept my head up and thought those thoughts. Until one weekend when they told me he was gone and is now feeling better in heaven. Back then I felt sad and lonely that I wouldn’t get to see him ever again. But now I know that’s not true. I’ll get to see him in heaven where he’s feeling much better. I learned that to show love and empathy to others is always important when they need it or just any time.
I use this lesson today all the time because it’s a very important lesson to me. Now when something comes about in life, when it’s bad you just have to turn the other way and make the best of it. Make it a good memory that you look back to and laugh. Also when others are struggling I help them out, I show love and empathy for them because that’s what they did for me when I needed them. Now when I make decisions I make the best of them and make them a good memory.
When I look back to this I remember being sad all the time and thinking the world was going to end because my grandpa died. I also remember thinking that, like, how could this happen? God we prayed and asked you to help him get better and now he’s gone. But now I don’t think that way because now I’ve gained knowledge three years later and I know he got better and God helped him because God made all of his pain go away and sent him to heaven. Where I know he is feeling much better. This taught me that not everything is bad it has a purpose; a bad memory can turn to a good memory. Something you probably don’t know about my grandpa is that he only had one hand. He lost it a really long time ago, so one thing I remember my youngest cousin said that one positive thing about him being gone is now he has two hands. Writing this story has made me realize that there are positives of him being gone. I realized that negative things or bad things in your life you can make them positive things and a good memory, Instead of a bad one.
Just because something comes in your life and it makes you sad or angry doesn’t mean you can’t turn it around and make it a good memory. So how are you going to make it a good memory today?
No comments:
Post a Comment