Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Knowlede is a Gift

I believe in being able to have the knowledge that you desire. I also believe that whenever you receive (wanted or unwanted) knowledge, that you should always be thankful. I learned this when I gained knowledge about the tooth fairy.
My tooth hurt really badly, and I wanted it to come out. I went to my mom to complain, and she asked if I wanted her to pull it out. Because I trusted that she wouldn’t hurt me, I said yes. Soon after she pulled the tooth out, she told me about two tooth fairies. The first one was the one who comes at night and exchanges money for my teeth (who gave me one quarter). The second one was my school’s tooth fairy, also known as the secretary, Mrs. Brisckey, who gave me a sparkly pencil and a mint. Afterwards, I felt both satisfied and thankful for the knowledge I had received.
What I realize now, is why my mom told me about the tooth fairy when she did. She told me then so that I could believe for as long as possible. When my mom told me, I felt like the most important kid in the family, because I was the first to learn about the tooth fairy (s). Because of that, I learned to be thankful for the knowledge that I have, and also for the knowledge that I receive. My mom told m then because I lost my first tooth, and I didn’t know it then, but she also told me then because she loves me.
I have used this experience to help me when I interact with others. Before, I would usually answer saying yes, no, maybe, sure, etc., and now, I share as much knowledge as I can in my answers without sounding weird. My mom is a great example of that because she told me about the tooth fairy. Its funny how that one experience with knowledge, helped me to determine how to use mine today.
When I look back on this event, I feel like I didn’t get why my mom told me. I thought that she had just told me so that I would get money and candy. Now I realize that she told me so that I could have more knowledge. I am very grateful that she shared that knowledge with me. I love my mom for a lot of reasons, and her telling me about the tooth fairy is one of them.
Every day when someone asks me a question, I try to share a bit of knowledge with them. What will you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment