Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Importance of Hope

I believe you can do anything. I learned this from a story I saw on TV about a 1 legged man who wanted to play football.
A one legged man wanted more than anything to play football. For months he sat down and just thought and thought of a way to play football. He never thought of a way, but he didn't need to because one day the coach at the University of Atlanta, Georgia called him. The coach heard the story and invited the man to play. So for 1 play in a practice the man took a handoff, ran past the defense, and scored! ( The team let him score) He had inspired many people to have hope in anything, including me.
I learned that anything and everything is possible. I also learned, no matter what happens to you, you can do it. When I saw the man, I thought how unlucky he is to have only one leg. He could do almost nothing someone with 2 legs could do. But when the coach called to invite him to practice, I thought that the coach was the nicest coach in the league! At the time, the story didn't mean much to me, but I now know how important that story is to me.
I used this to help mold the person I am today. Like when I was 10, I went to Sports Plex. They have a huge, 30ft, climbing wall. I thought it would be impossible, but then I remembered the story and I did it! It also made me more outgoing as a person. Like in Speech and Drama, we do these acting games, and when it's my turn I do anything because even if doesn't go as planned, I had hope I could do it. Remember, your capable of anything, just try. This one story has changed my life.
When I think of the event now, I realize how much it's changed me. Everybody needs to feel hope. Having hope is an important trait to know for anyone. And I now know, when people look depressed or mad, they probably don't have hope. This story has helped me understand how important it is to have hope.
Hope is more than dreaming it, hope, is fulfilling it.

No comments:

Post a Comment