Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Horror Of Treats

The Horror of treats
The warm fuzzy feeling of having a new puppy is something you cant explain.
But when you bring out the treats the horror comes out with them.

“We need a new puppy” mom says with a giant smirk on her face. “No we do not” dad says suspiciously. “Guys go clean your rooms” “mine” Ireland starts. “The way I want it” mom says with a despiteful look. “Ughh” she complains. “Okay.” We hear faint mumbling. Mom looked at me.” I know I know” I walked away slowly. That night, mom and dad were in their room on the phone with someone. They were murmuring amongst themselves. Curious, I walked into their room. Dad gave me a cruel look. He kept talking. I left quietly. I picture this little black and white puppy sitting by my couch…. “HOW CUTE!!!!” I though… dad said we weren’t getting a puppy…PSHH YEA RIGHT!

Dad walked out of his room. We were sitting on the floor watching TV. “Okay, you guys are going to grandmas for new years.” He says. “WHY?!?!” Ireland mopes. “Because she wants to see you?” he says with a puzzled look. “MANNNN” she moans. “Are we getting a puppy?” I asked. “No” dad says not bringing his eyes to meet mine.
“LIAR” I thought. A week later dad came and got us. My heart was pounding way more then normal when we were driving home. I couldn’t stop replaying the picture in my mind. When we were almost home dad says “no more tug-of-war with Titan.” My thoughts shattered and my heart sank. Tug-of-war was Titan and my favorite game. “Why not!” I said in a melancholy voice. “He is getting way to aggressive.” We got home and dad said “don’t go in the kitchen” knowing we will. “MOM MOM WHERE ARE YOU!?!?” A high pitched voice says “in here!” smile that was all I could do. He was soooo adorable. After a while mom asks “ who wants a treat?!?” Titan right on dad’s heels walks in the room. I guess both boys do. Hahaha! But when mom pulls out the treats the horror comes out with them.

Like a bolt of black blur, our thoughts were shattered by a shrill of pain coming from a little voice. The noise rang over and over in my head. Titan had bit a hole in the little guys face!
“OH MY GOSH!” My mom screams. He was laying on the floor yelping. Blood everywhere! Titan’s ears go back like a bullet. He runs to his kennel. “TITAN!” dad yells his face red with fury. Dad darts after him. Mom grabs the puppy. “ Aww you poor thing!” she whines. “Get a towel fast!” my heart pounds as I run down the hall to the closet. He was bleeding everywhere. All of a sudden we hear a yelp. But it wasn’t from the puppy it was from Titan, whoa. We got him cleaned up and took him to Broderick’s Animal Clinic. The vet said that Titan had punctured Apollo’s nasal Canella. Her face looked sorrowful. Impulsively I kissed Apollo’s wound. He licked my face. I felt my heart getting all warm and fuzzy inside. “I LOVE YOU APOLLO” I whispered.

Titan hasn’t touched Apollo like that since. But now when Apollo breathes he cant breathe very well out of his nose. So it makes a really funny clacking noise. J but we love Apollo just the way he is. (and everything about him) J <3

No comments:

Post a Comment