Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Lesson I Learned

This I Believe
I was only eight and I understood what happens when someone dies. That was the day my grandpa died. My grandpa cared about everyone even if he saw them on the street. Just seeing my grandma cry was just too hard for me to stand. I didn’t really get what was going on but seeing my grandma cry when she was on the phone. I knew something was up!
When someone dies it can bring out the good in people. When my grandma tolled me my grandpa died it was hard he was there for me whenever I needed him I just lost the most important person in my life. But I knew there was a point in life when you die. When I figured out there was a terrible feeling inside. When we were on are way to the funereal I felt like showing my family to be strong. At the funeral there were a lot of tears but we knew he was in a better place.
I’ve used this lesson to know things happen for a reason. My grandma wanted to know if I was fine, I said I was even though I new I wasn’t. After that day it made me realize how important family is. In this point of my life I knew that you have to die at one point. It’s so amazing how a family gets closer when someone passing away.
When I look back I realize he is always watching. And that I will love him forever even if he isn’t standing next to me. I learned that there is a time in life to show compassion. I know I this situation makes me understand how important showing compassion is. My grandma needed it that day.
The next week was emotional but I got through it. I have some good memories when I think about him. I think of those memories. I will love him forever even if he isn’t standing right next to me. This I believe.
-Briley R.

No comments:

Post a Comment