Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Always Tell The Truth

Always Tell The Truth
By: Kristin Hunke
I will never forget the last time I had to make a challenging decision. One that I will never forget, but these are the times when we learn from our mistakes, times we knew we should have done the right thing but we didn’t.
This all started when one day my friend and I were playing with glass marbles in my room. Next thing I knew there was a big red spot on my bedroom carpet. One of the marbles broke and cut my leg. We had no idea what to do. So we thought and thought and finally came up with an idea. We decided to try to clean it up with a rag and some soap. The only problem was that we used a red rag. Not such a smart idea at all! It made the red spot even darker and bigger. At that point we had no idea what we should do.
I still hadn’t told her and it was time for volley ball practice. I kept deciding if I should tell her or not. I finally decided I would tell her after volley ball practice.
We were done with volley ball now and waiting for my mom to pick me up. I saw her car. I was really scared because I didn’t know if she saw the red spot yet. As I jumped in the car I could tell she was curious about something. She immediately asked “what is that red spot on your carpet?” I took a deep breath and responded with “I cut my leg and got blood all over my carpet.” She looked at me but she didn’t look mad. Was she not mad at me? I wondered. After and long paused she said “I’m not mad at you but be sure to tell me the moment it happens next time so we can deal with it right away.”
The rest of that night we spent trying to clean it up but I have learned a BIG lesson! This has changed me as a person. When something like this happens I now know I need to do the right thing which isn’t lying or procrastinating its telling the truth right away. This event is one that I look back on when I need advice. I learned even though telling the truth might be hard we need to do it.
Now when I look back on this day I think of how silly I was for doing what I did. I know I should have told the truth but I didn’t. Now that I’ve learned my lesson I won’t let anything like this happen again.
I hope you have all learned this valuable lesson. It will get you further in life by just telling the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment