Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Digging a Little Deeper

Emilie Wilson P1-2 12/21/10


Digging a Little Deeper


I believe that even if you are ill, frustrated, or feel like nothing is going your way your family should always have your back.
The exact number was 16. 16 days of school I had missed because I was sick with a terrible case…pneumonia. (I was in the 2nd grade) I was so sick my mom had to wait on my hands and feet while my dad was at work. I remember getting frustrated when she made me the wrong kind of soup, brought me a warm towel that wasn’t warm enough, and way more. She never said one word about until after I was sick. After I was sick she told me about all the things I did… I was surprised.
Looking back on those days I realized I learned a more powerful lesson that day than just wear a coat outside so you don’t get sick.(but I know that is an important one…well to me)Whenever I get mad at my mom I just think about all those 16 days when I saw love and compassion. I now show love and compassion with others too. I know I could have gotten in so much trouble when I got sassy with my mom. But she understood what I was going through and knew how sick I was. I was relieved I didn’t have to face my mom when she was mad knowing I had been a brat.
I have used this lesson since to make me who I am today. I know if I show love and compassion I’ll get it right back. It made me appreciate my mom always being there for me. There is love and compassion in everyone but sometimes you have to dig a little deeper. It makes me wonder what other challenges there are in life to come.
When I look back on those 16 days all I can do is smile because I know they changed my life forever. There is a certain time for kids to have consequences, but there is also a certain time to just be guided through it. This situation makes me realize that there is more to life then just living.
You can find love and compassion in everyone, but sometimes you just might have to dig a little deeper to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment