By Kelli Fogt
12/19/10
I believe that if you work hard you can do or be anything.
It was that time again, the beginning of softball season. This was the first time I had to tryout instead of being placed on a team like the past years. I didn’t know what to expect or what to think so I just did what everyone else was doing. Then it hit me, this day would determine what team I was going to be on for the rest of the season. So I did the only thing I could think of, I did my best, which I’ve been doing my whole life so it wasn’t hard. I worked really hard the past year, that my best ended up being better than most the other girls. That year I made the A team. I was the only 3rd grader on that team, the rest were in 5th grade.
What I know now is that if you have determination you can do things that you never thought you could do. I am proud of myself for sticking with it and working hard. When I first got to tryouts I was nervous. Then I remembered how hard I worked. When I first found I was on the A team, I was glad I worked so hard. At first I thought it was for nothing but now I realize it made a huge difference and put me on top.
I use this lesson every time I am faced with any challenge. As a person it has made me more independent and mentally strong. I have always loved softball and known I was good at it, but having the challenge of playing with older girls, has made me a lot better. Sometimes when I am faced with challenges I often choose the hard way out because I know it will help me grow as a person. I never thought I would be playing with older girls, but I have learned a lot of life lessons from my experiences with these girls.
When I look back on this event, I think about how it has changed the way I think going into challenges. I am an independent person but everyone faces challenges where they need help. Sometimes I think I can do things by myself, but really need help and support like my dad gave me throughout that season and the next 2 seasons after that when I was on that team. As an athlete and student I have become better and more independent. Looking back on this event reminds me that I worked hard and had a good experience.
Everyone faces challenges at one point or another, but you have to have determination and preserver through that challenge to have a great experience and grow into a great person.
No comments:
Post a Comment