Skiing in Colorado
Skiing down my favorite run, my body bulges. really do think that I’m on a professional racing run as it said.
“Slow down,” my dad shouts as I smiling shooting down the run.
I never had an open mind about skiing when my dad told me we were going.
Although my first run was royally hard. It was called “rookie.” kid of funny, but I do remember slipping a lot. Of course I soon got the hang of it.
The second place we went to was Cooper, which is now my favorite. My teacher got so frustrated with me that he gave me to the best teacher they had. That is why I’m so good!
Altogether I’ve been to Cooper, Loveland and Monarch. Monarch was the first place where I learned how to ski. It was just a tiny bunny hill. After that my teacher thought I could handle anything. Boy, was she wrong! I only went on beginner runs after that.
Loveland was ok, but it was a little bit hard. That’s also where we had the accident. We skied down the wrong run which got us to an expert hill! It was down hill so we no choice but to go. We tried to go really slow, but my brother slid right and was on a double black diamond and fell flat on his face, but the most important part of this memory is at the ski resort “Cooper.”
This there called “Treasure Trove” was so short that you could see the end. Although that wasn’t why it was special. The reason was my brother always said to me,
“Don’t go on that one” he always said.
“Why not?” I moaned.
“It’s narrow with lots of trees,” he said. That has always bugged me, but I’m determined to try it sometime. I’m sorry to say I’ve bashed in some trees in the process, but it’s all good.
Like I said before, I didn’t have an open mind to skiing. Now it’s my favorite thing to do by a huge margin! I’m also proud of myself for being so good at it. It feels great to be good at something that’s your favorite thing to do. Lastly, the most important part to this skiing memory is the “Eagle” run.
The this is there is to mountains two lifts, makes sense right? Well to get to the small lift the run is “Molly May Field” and Eagle for the big. The thing is Eagle leads to like twenty other runs. It’s even hard to run it all the way down. Obviously it’s the Main run or the whole resort, but it’s so complex! Anyway I can’t wait to go and get better next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment