Monday, December 20, 2010

You Lied?

You lied?
By: Jenna Sell Date: 12/19/10

I believe that parents have a reason for everything.

Everyone lies, even your parents. It’s okay, please don’t hate them. It’s for the good. My parents lied to me about Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny, until I was about eight. I believed in Santa Claus, however my brother was at that age where he doubted that Santa was real. As a result he made me wonder if my parents were Santa Claus We begged and begged, and finally she admitted it. Ironically my parents didn’t need to tell me because my friends couldn’t keep a secret.

I learned that parents will do anything for their kids. They love you so much that they would lie for you. Before my mom told me I knew something was up. I was curious. Afterwards I was shocked to know he wasn’t real. I was also shocked my parents had lied to me. I felt loved because my parents respected me. My parents loved me and showed they trust in me by sharing a secret.

This lesson taught me parental love. It makes me think twice about getting mad at them. It makes me appreciate my life because they love me. Even if your parents won’t let you get a puppy, they love you. It amazes me that my parents would do anything for me.

When I look back on this now, I realize parenting will be a challenge. Our kids need to believe in stuff that they don’t see. This has inspired me to teach my kids about Santa when I grow up. It’s for a good cause. I love my parents and I hope my children will love me.

Each and every day my parents love me, and I hope I always remember that!

No comments:

Post a Comment