Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Honesty is Love

Honesty is love
When was the last time you have told the truth? I believe honesty is the best trait a person can have.
Everyday my brother gets mad at me for some anonymous reason. So, every day I take one small toy of his for payback. Once I get home from school I take it, but I’m always scared he will find out what I have been doing. Consequently, I realized one day that I had ransacked his room, just to find that one thing, so I cleaned my mess up. That day just happened to be New Years, which is when I give back all I have taken and tell the truth that I have been taking his things. Once he came home, I gave back all the things I took and told the truth.
What I realize now is that honesty helps you get through situations. Also, whatever time you think is best to tell the truth you can. When I realized I ransacked his room, I panicked thinking he would find out. As a result, I cleaned up my mess which made me pleased. Well, I didn’t EXACTLY feel pleased when I cleaned up my mess; just relived he wouldn’t have to find out that way.
I have used this lesson to show what kind of person I am today. As a student and daughter it made me more responsible to make sure my things are organized. I never forgot about everything I had done. It made me feels happy that I have a brother to fight and love with. Everyone has feelings inside, you just have to find them and let them out. Amazing as it is, one thing can change how people see you; good and bad.
When I look back, I think about how it has changed the way I think about siblings. There is a time when siblings need to fight out their love. Also, there is a time and place to tell the truth. It is when and where you feel comfortable. As a sister, I need to make sure my brother is organized so he can find things.
Today, this happening reminded me that it is good to have someone there to help you through life. What will you do for your siblings? How will YOU help them?
By: Kaitlyn G.
Date: 12/18/10

No comments:

Post a Comment