Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Hope is How you Get Through Life

I believe that hope takes a big part in your life.
When I was 11, Derek died, it was like the earth stopped moving. On August 2nd, I got the news that Derek was in the hospital. He had a tear in his aorta(a chamber in your heart) and none of the doctors knew how he got it. We all thought he was going to be fine. However, he started slowly dying, taking a week to die, when he was only 42 years old. It was the worst and most shocking thing that ever happend to me.

I learned through this hard time that life isn't always fair. I was very heartbroken about this, for example when we went through the lines to say our condolences, I was fine until I got to Gwen, his wife, to hug her I started really crying. Also, I still did not know why it had to happen to Derek. I felt dull that day and couldn't believe it happend!


Through this time, I have learned a great lesson about life and the road it takes us down. This incident has made me feel proud and fortunate of having a dad. So now I realize that hope plays a big part in our lives. Now, I always try to have hope in all the bad things that happen in life and the world. For example, when the earthquake in Haiti occurred, we had to have hope that some people and animals were going to survive through that sorrow and grief-stricken time. Even though this was a hard experience, I found some good out of it.


When I think about this time now, I think of great love and hope. Now, I think there is a reason and a purpose for why Derek died. There were a lot of people that came to church to celebrate his life that may not have been to church for a while and to show his wife love and to give her hope. It reminded me to show love to people in your life because you don't know what tomorrow might bring.

In conclusion, I learned threw a horrifying and heartbroken time that life isn't always fair, and you have to have hope to trudge through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment