Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas

Christmas

By: Marilyn Y.

I think my grandma makes the best cookies in the world. She was making cookies and it smelled delicious, no joke. Every time it was time for Christmas, I couldn’t wait for my grandma’s cookies. While my mouth was watering, I decided to chew some minty gum. My cousin was there and he is about 4 now. I was holding his hand because he wanted to go play in the snow without his snow gear. Then I looked back because I heard my cousin saying, “guess what?”, also his face had an “oh no” look on it. Just then I started to think about what was going on but then my cousins, my grandparents, and I found out that he was just joking around. Afterwards I started to think on “What am I going to get for my presents?”. I got to thinking about that question for a long time until, I finally got tired of my gum and spit it out. I was really hungry and the smell of my grandma’s cookies made it even worse. I got tired of waiting and to distract myself, I thought of a game. We play tag or hide and go seek. We played for a while when more cars started to pile in the icy driveway. But that wasn’t the end of our games, we had to play another game because they hadn’t finished wrapping. I asked “ What’s the point in wrapping, when we were just going to tear the paper apart. As always they replied “ It’s going to be a surprise”. Well we listened to our parents and played “ heads up, seven up” but in our case it was “ heads up, five up”. Finally they had finished and we got out our wish lists and showed them, guessing what we got and what we didn’t. We did that to wait for the rest of the food to be ready. We compared our wish lists and we had most to a few things in common. I started feeling like this day, I would never forget. Then my grandma called us to eat. I couldn’t wait to eat my aunts pie. When I was done eating I got ready for some cookies but I had to wait . Finally it was time for eating the cookies. I could taste the good chocolate “mmmm” I said. I love my cookies. My family and I opened presents then I noticed that day had gone so fast by. I didn’t want to wake up and know that day was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment