Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Amazing Trip I Will Never Forget!

The Amazing Trip I Will Never Forget!
I could hear the rumble of the tires as we were driving. “When are we going to get there?” I was thinking in my head. I just wanted to get out of that car. It’s such a long ride to South Dakota. We decided to burst out songs to waste the time.
We were on our way to the campground and I was admiring the mountains in amazement. “I wish I could climb up them” I said. Then all of a sudden my dad stopped driving because there were buffalo in the middle of the road. So we got out of the car and took pictures with them. Then we finally went on our way and got to the campground.
The next morning we took a hike up a mountain. I don’t know how my mom felt because she is afraid of heights. We also ate lunch on top of the mountain. It was really fun! That same day we also went to Mount Rushmore because the hike was close by. We had this guy talk about Mount Rushmore and I was about to fall asleep because it was so boring!
The next day we went to the Flintstone Campground. Right when we got there it started to rain like crazy. The rain didn’t stop us from playing at the theme park. My mom was just taking pictures and videos of us. It was so fun! When we got back to our camper I was soaking wet.
When it was our final day we were just hanging around the camp ground. It was sad that we had to leave the next day. It was really fun the last day because my brother was being silly. He took my sunglasses, which were way too small for him because I was little, and a straw hat and did all these tricks with his scooter he brought. My mom was taking video of it the whole time.
When we woke up the next morning we had to leave. I didn’t want to leave because I had a blast in South Dakota. My mom videotaped and took a lot of pictures of everything we did. I was very sad we had to leave but we had a great time. BY: Alexis P. 11/1/10

No comments:

Post a Comment