Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The bus dream

The Bus Dream
By: Mara L.
I dream. I think about a bus. A yellow bus. I didn’t know it was a dream until…
I woke up. The sun is too bright for my eyes. I feel for my blanket, ah, here it is, found it. As I pull the blanket off of me I strand to get up. It’s like someone is pushing me down and I have no muscle. I finally get up. Get on my slippers; check the clock to see what time it was, 7:00 it read. I strolled lazily down the stairs. I get to the bottom of the stairs, as I stare into the kitchen. I start to wake up. I finally realized it was almost time to see my brothers get on the bus.
As I stride into the kitchen my stomach thunders. I felt like I could eat a whole cow!
“Good morning Sleepy!” my mom sang.
“Good morn…” as I drifted off because I was getting tired again.
“Where’s daddy?” my brother Simon the youngest questioned.
“Oh… He’s outside on the bench like he always does in the mornings,” as all of us began to laugh.
I thought it was kind of strange to be sitting at the breakfast table alone but, it felt nice almost peaceful like. But it ended when my brother yelled “hey! Look at what I found!” That ruined my peaceful moment and I was crushed.
“Mara will you turn on the computer and go to email?” my mom said like she was almost insane. But I didn’t think she was mad, I think she said it like that because she already told me to do it, maybe I was just spacing off.
As my brothers were walking out the door I said
“Bye Reid, bye Landon!”
“Bye Mara” my brothers said together. I have always wanted to ride the bus so I was anxious to. I’ve always wondered what bus number my brothers rode. Were there bus picked them up. I have asked that almost my whole life that I have been alive.
As my brothers left I felt like part of me fell out. I wish that I could hop on the bus and see the kids talking, and messing around but now I have felt that feeling because I have been experiencing it in 6th grade. That was my first year to ride the bus! It was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment