Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Best Christmas Ever

I walked out the airport doors and stretched my legs. I was so thankful to get off the plane. I breathed in the crisp air. I was tired, hungry, and I missed home.
We waited outside for a while. I was so excited for the Christmas ahead of me. I hoped my first Christmas in Atlanta would be fun. It seemed like it took forever for the car to come.
Finally when the car came my uncle and my cousin Anusha got out. I was excited to see them. It made me feel happy and less homesick.
It was really awkward between my younger cousin and me in the car we didn’t talk at all. I was happy when the ride was over.
The same awkwardness occurred between my older cousin and me later that day. But soon we started talking more and I had no homesickness.
My cousins and me did a lot of things together. We watched TV, played games, it was really fun. It felt good to spend time with my family. I was very thankful.
Time flew by very fast. Before we knew it, it was Christmas Eve.
I remember on Christmas Eve how excited everyone was for Christmas. I woke up the next morning almost completely forgetting it was Christmas, well until I saw the presents.
There were so many in all different colors, shapes, and sizes. It was very overwhelming, in a good way of course.
We all sat down together and opened presents. Everyone was happy and excited. Me especially. I never wanted to leave.
Unfortunately the trip had to come to an end. I felt sad. We said our goodbyes in front of the driveway. We didn’t want to leave but we had to or we would miss our flight.
We drove off. I tried to think positive, like I would get to go home and sleep in my own bed. It was an eventful trip that I would never forget.

By Unnati K. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment