Minnesota Fun
by Gus M.
We took Josh to the Embassy Suites in Minnesota, from Walnut Hills Elementary School. We were going there for the regional swim meet. Josh, Augie, and I talked the whole way there. Joshes dad was already at the hotel when we got there. Josh and I bolted out of the car and into the chilly air and finally into the warm hotel. My family checked in and unpacked. I sprinted down the hall to Josh’s room and we went looking for friends.
We met up with Evan, Grady, Sam, and Jared. We all walked around for a while and Cooper and Reese started to follow us. Then we started to play tag. We all play in the hotel because you can see across the big hole and to the other side. Lots of people hide when they play tag, so it gets pretty boring. But a few people end up getting bored and run around. It gets fun after that. I always act like an army guy. So I roll on the floor and jump behind a wall. I bet I look pretty stupid doing that.
I always stalk the person who is it. I still stay a floor down from them. You always want to take the stairs. So people playing tag cant see what floor your on.
At 5:00 pm we went out to eat at Majors with all of our friends. We played Big Buck Hunter. (A game that is in a lot of bars.) When the waitress got to our table we ordered our drinks. I ordered Root Beer, which is my most favorite drink ever. When we got refills we asked for some crayons and we drew what ever came to mind on a napkin. Everyone finished up at about 6:00 pm. We still drank pop for thirty minutes! Everyone was all so happy to talk to each other after a long week. At 6:45 when we got back to the hotel all the kids ran up stairs to the eighth floor, and at 7:00 three cops came in the hotel. You literally hold your breath because the hotel hires them to stop you from having fun. The cops walk around until 11:00 pm. You run around and you actually nervous for the first thirty minutes. But then you start to have some fun. Every cop caught me sprinting down halls. The first two times I wasn’t too lucky. But the third time was funny because I turned a corner and rammed in to a cop.
The next day it was the regional swim meet at the university of Minnesota Natatorium. People were from Nebraska, Missouri, Minnesota, Iowa, and Illinois, South Dakota, and North Dakota. I thought I did really well at regionals. In the medley relay we were supposed to get fourth but we got third place. In my hundred yd IM (fly, back, breast, free) I got tenth place with a time of 1 minute 14 seconds. In my 50 yd fly my time was 31.23. And I got 13th place. In the free relay we got 5th place.
When we got home I ran to bed. My dad got me back out to brush my teeth. Then I did my homework. Which I did not enjoy. At school my teacher Ms. Hansen zoomed right up to me and questioned how I did. I told her I did great.
nice
ReplyDeleteLogan R.