Nebraska’s Tournament
I can’t believe that I have to wake up, at five o’clock in the morning, just for a soccer tournament! Well at six, we have to leave, so that’ll give me one hour to get ready. I thought.
Packing my things, I make sure I have everything I need before I leave. My brother was getting carried out by the time I was getting my bags. I wish I could be carried out. I thought to myself looking at my brother.
30 minutes later, we stopped for hot chocolate for our breakfast. (My brother was awake by then.) After we got hot chocolate, we started driving again. ”Careful your hot chocolate might be hot.” My mom said assuring. “No duh!” I snapped back. Tasting my hot chocolate, my tongue got burnt. Owww. I thought, that is hot. Fine I’ll just fall asleep to let it cool down.
Well turns out I fell asleep for an hour and now it’s cold. (Well actually, I didn’t find out it was cold until I tasted it. And trust me it was disgusting!)
Hearing cars zoom past us, I look out the window. Welcome to Iowa City! A sign exclaimed.
“Mom, how many more miles?” “I’d say about 3-4 more miles.”She answered. Great I thought. I’ll just go back to bed. I mumbled to myself feeling tired and worn out.
By the time I woke, we were in Nebraska. Finally! I thought. Walking in I was star struck! It was huge and beautiful. While my mom got the key, which is actually a card I looked around. When she came back, we walked into the elevator. “The fifth floor Anthony.” My mom said while the doors were closing. After the doors opened, I followed the numbers to 5330. “Here it is mom.” I exclaimed once I found the room.
“Yes! I feel like my arms are going to fall off. Now let’s see if the cards work.” The light turned green. Walking in, I felt like I was in the wrong room. It was huge! “We’re just going to set our things down and go to Kaitlyn’s soccer game.” “Great,” I thought. “Just what I want to do. A soccer game and no exploring.” Back down to the lobby we go.
We won the game, 5-3. I was so excited that that was over so I could go to the pool to relax. Also I wanted to get out of my uniform. Where did I put my swimsuit? I thought. Finding it I walk to the bathroom to change, while my brother changes in the room.
Down at the pool, I text my teammates to come down. Hurry up! I thought. “Ok Anthony, we’re going to sit in the hot tub for 5 minutes then get out and jump into the pool.” I say looking down into the cold blue water of the pool. “Let’s do it!” says my brother excitedly. Walking into the hot tub, I feel my body warm up. It’s sooo hot! I think. Waiting for the five minutes to be up, I play with the bubbles it made.
A couple minutes later, we both got out of the hot tub and jumped into the pool. It was sooo cold I had to scream! Bubbles of air rose to the top of the 5 foot pool. I can’t wait to get back into the hot tub I thought. I burst into the air, found the ladder, and climbed out. “I’m going to keep doing that.” I thought and so I did. A minute later some of my teammates came, and I told them the plan.
After we were done swimming an hour later, I brought my brother back to our room to get changed back into our clothes. Right after we got changed, we went to my soccer game. Again we won, 3-1. Straight after my game we went to a store called Cabellas, which is a hunting store. Looking at guns I like them all. “I want that gun, and that one, and that one.” I thought. The place was huge! And it was right next to our hotel! After we were done with that we went to subway for lunch and then another soccer game. But this time we lost 2-3. I felt like we did a good job because we won two and lost one. That night we ordered pizza and breadsticks from Pizza Hut for dinner. This is sooo good! I thought. At 10:00 at night I went out to the bonfire. It feels so good I thought.
30 minutes later I went to bed. When I woke up the next morning I got all my things together, and go ready for the last game there. I didn’t want to go yet. But I still packed my things. We tied this game, 4-4, but we did well for our tournament.
Next morning, we brought all our things down to the lobby to leave. Looking around I think to myself. “I’m happy we are going home but sad we’re leaving.” Sitting in a chair, I wait for my mom to give back the card. “Let’s go.” I say. Grabbing my bags I walk to our silver Ford Escape. I put our bags in the back and slowly get into the car. “Can’t wait to sleep in my own bed.” I thought.
A couple minutes later we were driving on the road. I roll down the window. It’s sunny out, but there is a cool breeze hitting my face. “I wonder what they’re doing at home?” I ask my mom. “Probably enjoying the nice weather there is.” Replied my mom.
If only I could be there. I thought. In a couple hours I will be home sweet home.
When I got home, people started asking how my tournament went. “Good.” I said. “It was good.” A smile spread across my face. And then I knew I was home.
By: Kaitlyn G.
No comments:
Post a Comment