My Big Ski
By: Emily L.
10-28-10
I dashed out the door, and I eagerly jumped in my aunt's car, then we sped off like we were in the Daytona 500. I couldn't wait to get to the lake! When we got to the parking lot of the docks I could smell the fresh clean water drifting in the air, perfect for skiing. I wandered down to the ankle high electric line and went across the rickety bridge to my aunt and uncle's boat, while I chattered to my cousin Kylee to relax. Then I sat down, I could feel the pressure of the boat lowering to the gassy green icky water at the dock. We then started backing up to head out for an evening adventure!
As we headed out for a perfect skiing spot, I could see the orange and yellow sun setting over the hills. When we got to an cove my uncle asked who wanted to go first I was scared "not me, not me, not me" I thought. "Emily, do you want to go?" my uncle asked. "ok, fine"I remarked, not really meaning it. I got my freezing cold lifejacket on, and leaped in to the just as cold water, so it evened out. As my mom and cousin threw out the rope the boat kept getting farther and farther away until it stopped. Then my dad helped me get the skis on. Now my feet felt like 50 pounds each.Then my dad asked if I was ready, so I said "yes." He gave a thumbs up to my uncle. I was scared, my hands were sweating in freezing cold water! Up I went "oh this wasn't so hard" then i fell unbalanced."Ok, maybe not." So I tried again and again, but on the 4th time I couldn't feel the water after I collapsed like the other three times. There I was up skiing with my mom and my cousin cheering. I felt incredible, like I could just fly and touch the sun setting in the distance.
When I got done skiing around the cove, I just let go I couldn't hold on anymore. My hands felt like pieces of rocks. Then my uncle and parents asked if I wanted to go again. So I answered "sure one more time." So I got the rope and went around again, the sun reflecting in my eyes. I flinged by where we started and let go again, letting my body hit the warm water."So you want to go again?"my mom requested. Breathlessly,"no" I said actually meaning it this time. So I swam over to the boat and held on to the ladder trying to ignore the motor as much as I could. Then I pulled off my 50 pound skis, and felt my wrinkly feet, now it felt weird to walk. I took off my lifejacket and sat down my body dripping tons of water on to the boat floor.
Then my uncle asked"does anyone want to cruise around the lake?" Then we all agreed that would be cool. So he started driving off, while it kept getting darker and darker."Hey" my brother exclaimed."What is that blinking light?" It looked like a water tower to me in the dark. But my uncle explained."That is a police watch, after sunset you can't ski or tube.""Oh, and that's the police boat"my uncle said gazing in the distance. I could see a boat like figure, but with tons of lights. When we got back to the dock I felt like I could just fall asleep. You couldn't really see anything either, so I carefully stepped out of the boat on to the dock, and sprinted back using all my energy to get back to the car, but still trying to ignore tripping on the electric line. Then I hopped in my aunt's car and waited for the rest of the family.
While my whole family drove off I thought,"I can't wait until we come back next year and ski in Branson."
No comments:
Post a Comment