I hopped into the van. I was as giddy as a child on Christmas morning. I was so eager. As our car glided smoothly along the pavement, I was practically out of my seat. I wasn’t aware of the long six hour drive ahead of me.
The drive was so long! When we got there, we were all happy. We got to our room and I was in awe. Our hotel room was huge! We had our own kitchen, living room, two bathrooms, and two bedrooms. We unpacked and I was ready to swim. I loved Wisconsin Dells already.
The first night we were ready to swim. We ventured to one of the water parks. One of the rides was like you were in a raft during a hurricane. I was freaking out because I was scared. My mom said if I rode the hurricane, I could get my hair braided. Earlier I had asked if I could get my hair braided. Of course I was a scaredy cat and cried when we got done. But I still got my hair braided.
That night we went out to eat at a restaurant called Moose Jaws. I had the best food! It was SO good! They had a gift shop and we each selected something out. I got a tiny stuffed animal moose. It was a great dinner.
One of the days we went to a pool called The Mammoth. It was my favorite. The pool was huge and it was usually on wave mode. We were jumping up and down and I jumped with my legs behind me. I didn’t know how shallow it was and unfortunately, it was pretty shallow. “OW!” I said to myself. I landed on my knee. It didn’t hurt but when I got out, blood started showing up. Before I knew it, there was blood all over my knee. My mom and I went over to the first aid area. They wiped it with this certain stuff and then it started to sting. But later I just went swimming again.
In The Mammoth room there was a water slide. I am a big fan of water slides, especially if I’m in a raft and it is long. It was my all time favorite slide. I really enjoyed going on it over and over again.
Later my dad took my brothers and I to the back corner of the huge room. My brothers and I got a caricature done for my mom. It felt like HOURS before it was done. “Can I quit smiling yet?” I mumbled. But it was worth the wait because it turned out great! That was my favorite day at Wisconsin Dells.
I didn’t want the day to come when we had to start packing for home. I was especially not looking forward to leaving because this time I knew how long the drive was going to be. TOO LONG! When we got home I was glad.
When we got home and unpacked… well I’m not really sure what happened after that. Some memories have faded but some are as clear as a glass window, like the long walks from hotel room to water parks back to hotel room. But I do remember that was one of my favorite vacations.
No comments:
Post a Comment