When I spotted that we were close to home I stopped reading, put my Powerpuff backpack onto my shoulders, and then I waited right by the door. When my dad’s friend slowed down and stayed like a statue on the driveway, I shouted to thank him. He nodded as he mouthed the words your welcome. After the van was out of my sight I skipped to the front door and rang the doorbell. I stood there for awhile so I peeked through the side window of the door and then I saw my mom coming closer to the front door. Right when she opened the door I started telling her all about my normal day.
In the middle of my “storytelling” my sister came downstairs to listen. When I finished talking about my day I felt my mouth was so dried up so I took 2 glasses of water. I guess I told them every single detail. Right after that we heard a weird, creepy, and kind of a scary noise from one of the baby monitors in the kitchen. The other one was by my baby brother’s crib.
My sister and I laughed thinking that it was one of my brother’s loud farts. Since my brother was taking a nap I wondered if he farted in his dream.
“It’s not funny,” my mother was trying to calm us down. “I am going to go upstairs to check on him,” she said as she got up to go.
As my sister and I waited for my mom to come downstairs again, we heard another noise coming from the baby monitor. My sister and I glanced at each other and started cracking up again. I hope my brother didn’t make MY room smell stinky. When I heard steps coming downstairs, I also heard crying.
I got up quickly to figure out if it was my mom crying or my brother. When I saw my mom tears rolling down I knew it was my mom. In her hands was my one year old baby brother. All of a sudden I felt a huge knot in my stomach, the kind you get so scared. I was so shocked and scared because this was the first time that I see my mom crying. I didn’t know how to calm her down like she always does for me. I got out of thinking in my mind. So I questioned…
"Mom why are you crying?" “He won’t wake up,” she cried while she was shaking him to wake him up.
My sister came to us rapidly to know what was happening.
After we tried to wake him up, he started to shake and some white stuff was coming out of his mouth which looked like rotten milk. I was so frightened that I felt my heart skip a beat or two. That was when my mom ran to the phone to call 911 and my dad. The ambulance came, put my brother on the stretcher, and took him to the ambulance truck on our slanted driveway. When they put him inside, my dad came all worried of what happened and what will. Then the ambulance people quickly decided that my mom should be by my brother in the truck while my dad, my sister, and I should go in the car. In the car ride to the hospital I pinched myself the whole time so I could wake up from this nightmare. But it never worked.
When we got to the hospital we waited two days for the results. In these two days I found out that when I’ll grow up I will never forget this incident and I wished a lot that everything will be fine with my brother.
After the doctor came to us and I saw a huge, happy smile on my parents’ faces, I was absolutely for sure that my wish came true. Everything was finally perfectly fine. The doctor told us that if you were five years old or younger and you have a fever you have some chance of getting a seizure. The doctor also said it doesn’t happen to every kid but somehow it happened to my brother. But I was the happiest that nothing happened to my sweet, cute, funny, adorable, best, baby brother.
No comments:
Post a Comment