Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Stroller Rollers

………………………………………..By Kelli Fogt……………….................................
10-31-10
I was rushing to strap on my shoulder pads and helmet and get in the stroller I before started having second thoughts. Adrenaline was rushing through my body and my heart was pounding. I turned and looked at Mary Kate, my best friend, who nodded to show she was ready. Aaron, my older brother, got on the bike and glanced back at Mary Kate and I to make sure we were ready, then sped off pulling us behind him.
We were flying down the road when we heard the squeaking of car breaks. Mary Kate and I turned around to see how fast the car was coming and it was it wasn’t coming that fast but we still had to get out of the road so it could pass. I turned and stared at Mary Kate who had the same expression on her face as I did, confusion. What was I suppose to do when we were turning again?
I thought hard, and then finally I remembered what Aaron and Patrick, Mary Kate’s older brother, had told us to do if we had to make a turn, squeeze the break repeatedly to make sure we didn’t tip over. I did exactly what I was told to and we pulled into a driveway. The car drove by and a wave of relief passed over me. I could tell Mary Kate was relived to. I was so glad that I remembered what I suppose to do.
We got back on the road and went up to the top of Mary Kate’s street then we turned around and went back down. It was a hot summer day so I could feel the sun beating down on us and I could see the sweat on the back of Aaron’s neck. I wasn’t paying very much attention to what was going on, so when we tipped over it came as a surprise! Mary Kate and I spilled out the side.


I got up and there was a sharp pain in both my knees and my arm. I looked at my wounds and saw that they were only scrapes. I helped Mary Kate up and she was scraped up too. I was so glad that we were wearing the shoulder pads because if we hadn’t been we would probably have more than just scrapes. I looked up and Patrick was running our way.
“Are you ok?” Patrick asked when he reached us. “Yah.” Mary Kate and I responded in pain. “Are you sure?” Patrick asked not believing us. “Yah!” Mary Kate and I said trying to act like we weren’t in pain. “Well then, do you want to try it with two bikes now?” “Sure!” Mary Kate and I shot back with so much excitement that it came out as a scream. So we took the stroller and bike up their driveway, to the garage. Then Aaron and Patrick tied the second bike to the stroller with a bungee jump rope like the one that was already tied to the stroller.
After they were done doing that we walk the contraption back down to the middle of the street. Mary Kate and I got back in the stroller. We were so excited that we could help but smile. We gave Aaron and Patrick a thumbs up. We sped so fast down the road that the stroller actually went up on two wheels!!!!! We crashed back down on all three wheels, still speeding down the road! I was so amazed that we were still going!
We went up the street then turned around and came back down. We stopped in front of the driveway and got out. “THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!” Mary Kate and I screamed. “Can I try?” Evan, Mary Kate’s little brother, asked. “Sure.’’ Mary Kate and I replied kind of bummed that we had to give up the position of stroller rollers.
Mary Kate and I unstrapped our helmets and undid our shoulder pads and Mary Kate gave hers to Evan. ‘’ One second Evan! I’m really thirsty.’’ Patrick said tiredly walking to the fridge. ‘’Me too!’’ Aaron said following him. ‘’Hurry up!!!’’ Evan replied anxiously. When they got a drink, they got ready to go. Mary Kate and I told Evan how to control the stroller and they were off!


Mary Kate and I got bottles of water from the fridge. We were guzzling it when we heard the skidding of metal and squeaking of the bike breaks. ‘’ EVAN, ARE YOU OK?’’ Patrick screamed. The next thing I knew I was running down the road toward the crash. When Evan got up he was pretty badly scraped up! He was ok other than that. The rest of the day was a blur. I was just glad no one was severely hurt!
I had so much fun doing something out of the ordinary with my best friend! We do a lot of weird things but I think that if you are too careful you could miss some amazing opportunities! I am so glad I didn’t miss this one!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment