Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Football 24/7

Football 24/7


By Jackson L.



I snatched my Ben Rothlisburger jersey and dashed downstairs! I put on my shoes in record time and wizzed through the door! My dad honked. The honk still screaming in my ear,I bounded into the car. We were off to Kansas City!
After we went to a World war 1 musium and a craft place called kaliedoscope, we got to our hotel and met Ryan Malliard.
“Hi Ryan,” I yelled across the parking lot.
“What’s up?”
“Nothing much,” he replied. He always says that. Sometimes it gets annoying and old. But right then didn’t matter, because in less than tweny four hours we would be in Arrow Head Stadium watching the Chiefs play the Steelers!
After than conversation we decided to go swimming. We were swimming when three other kids came. Ryan had a mini football so we played that with them. But when they were trying to get the ball, they would always scratch us up. So at the end we had scratches all over us.
“That hurt,” I explained.
“Yea,” Ryan replied dumbly. I managed a little chuckle but that was it.
After we showered we went greedily to a resturant. There was a long line but we waited. In line Ryan would sing this really annoying song called “Meet me hal’ve way”.
Ryan would sing “meet me hal’ve way.”
I would yell “stop it.” But he never would.
Finally when we got to the front of the line, Ryan wanted a hot dog. So we all ordered. The cashier said all of our orders to his cooks, and then when he got to Ryan’s order, he said “one kid dog.” We all laughed, hard. I could see Ryan’s face starting to get red like a tomato, so I said I was sorry and we got our food.
After we ate I asked Ryan if it was worth the 1 hour to 45 minute wait.
He said “Yes.” That was funny because it was a place known for its BBQ, and he got a hot dog.
When we got back to our hotel, we went to sleep, fast.
I could hear Ryan calling my name, so I scribbled my last pick, Pittsburgh over Kansas City! I made a mad dash to the balcony. Once outside the fresh air hit me. It felt so good to be outside, a little chilly because the November breeze. But still a perfect day for a football game!
“Jackson,” Ryan yelled from the opposite balcony.
“Yea,” I replied sleepily.
“Do you want to play a football game?” he asked.
“Two football games in a day,”I replied. Then it hit me. Together on a team we were unstopable. “Awesome,” I said, my whole expresion changing.
Once outside we were ready, Ryan in his Chief jersey, me in my Steelers jersy. Five other kids came to play. We let them have the ball first but first play Ryan intercepted the pass! So we had the ball. Ryan threw a streaking pass to me, and I danced along the sidelinefor a touchdown! It went like that untill the big game.
Our hotel was right across the sreet from Arrow Head Stadium, so we started walking. I was relieved that it was a short walk, and we didn’t have to find parking. Once we got there, there was a long line. I was getting frustrated because it was the second long line we’ve waited in, in 24 hours. Finally, we got to the front and got into the stadium. My dad left us because he and his buddies had better seats. I was kind of jealous but our seats were still good, when we got to them. Then first kickoff the Chiefs scored a touchdown! The fans went nuts.
“Yes,” Ryan bragged.
“That will change,” I shot back. But it never did. It went into overtime. In overtime, the Steelers QB Ben Rothlisburger got a concusion. So the back up came in, but still, they ended up loosing by 3 points. I was dissapointed on how they played. On the way out all of the Chief fans were singing this really irritating song, it went like…
“ay oh ay oh ay oh oh ay oh.”
After we got out of the statium everybody exept my dad jumped into Ryan’s car and left our hotel. Since the Steelers lost I hoped that the other good team in the division lost. The game wasn’t over yet. It ended up going into overtime. The Bengals ended up loosing by three.
I started celebrating. And that was the end of our K.C. trip and my first NFL game.

No comments:

Post a Comment