Tuesday, November 30, 2010

YUMM!!

By: Camryn G.
I was laying on the coach and I heard my name. I got up and bolted over to the pantry. I gripped the graham crackers. Then skipped to the fridge and grabbed the marshmallows and chocolate and slammed the door of the fridge. I can’t wait for marshmallows because I love the way they melt in my mouth.

Finally, time just as family. I sat by the fire overlooking Clear Lake seeing the city across the water. The lights shining bright and the moon reflecting off the water. We had a fun day tubing and boating but glad to rest. Then I was ready to eat some S’mores . Fire was hot, moon was out and sun went down and I could smell the smoke.

I was talking to the family about our day while putting a marshmallow on the metal stick. Then I watched it slowly get brown and you could tell it was melting in the middle. Just watching it was making my mouth water and my tummy hungry. I was so hungry my tummy was grumbling and it was queasy.

Finally! My marshmallow was nice and brown and crispy. If you were to squish it the inside would melt out on to your hand. So I walked to my mom as she was getting the crunchy graham crackers and the soft chocolate. When we put the marshmallow in between the graham crackers and the chocolate it was melting over the edges and I couldn’t wait to dig in. Finally my mom gave it to me and I licked the sweet marshmallow off the edge. Then I took my first bite. YUMM! It was so good! It was soft and crunchy at the same time. In the end after I finished it I got really thirsty. So I ran inside to grab a cup. I took a big gulp. I could feel it rush down my throat. It felt great! I took it back outside so I could look at the stars. When I looked up the stars were bright and the sky was dark blue the air got cool. Then my dad requested “I think it is time to go inside.”

As my family and I were walking back to the house we were getting tired. When we got inside my sister and I walked up stairs. When were walking up the stairs we decided it was my turn to choose the movie for the night. I was excited because then I would actually get to enjoy the movie. After I chose the movie we brushed our teeth and got into our cozy beds. Our beds are bunk beds mine is on the top and Jordyn’s is on the bottom. As we started the movie I got so tired. As I was closing my eyes I saw the calm water and it was quiet. I couldn’t wait for the next day. Then I whispered to Jordyn “I can’t wait till tomorrow! Hopefully it will be as fun as today was!”
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment