A Miracle 10/28/10
By Shawana S.
Picking up my shirts,I traveled into dream land. The beautiful sites, skyscrapers and nature were popping up in my head again and again. How's it all going to be? I heard a lot about Canada. It is a great place to go site seeing. People come from all over the world to see those landmarks.But I wanted to inspect it myself. The scenery right in front
of my eyes. I told myself these things are going to become true in just a few days!
As I was examining tree after tree on my car ride,questions were flooding my head again and giving me a queazy feeling at the pit of my stomach. How are my relatives going to be like? Will they remember me? How would their personalities be like? How is Canada going to be like? Is it going to be similar or different to America? Question after question were building up higher and higher. Answers were trying to find their way to my brain.I told myself worrying wouldn't help.I took a deep breath.
"Everything's going to be fine!"exclaimed mom."How do you know?" I trudged incredously.
"I'm your mother plus I could notify by your expression."replied mom.I could glare at my mother's dark brown eyes and could reveal that she was going to be right.And we all know that we have to listen to our elders no matter what. Listening to my brother and sister snore next to me and gazing at the same thing(trees)hundred times gave me a suggestion to sleep as well.
"Wake up! Wake up!" my sister hollered shattering my relaxing nap.
"What happened?" I whispered drowsily ,half sleeping.
"We're here!" my sister hollered and this time she said it in my ear. "Oh my gosh! Really?" I bellowed abruptly and this time wide as awake as if I've been up for an hour.
"Yes and hurry up and carry the luggage to the elevator!" my brother screamed behind my sister's back. I got out of the car and picked up two suitcases to the elevator. I hated doing jobs like that. Some times I wish I had a butler to do such jobs. Standing in the elevator, holding two suitcases by my side,was so not fun and I had to go up to the 9th floor. I got to admit, I was impatient. The elevator was so crowded that I barely had room to breath or move.I was squished in the back with tons of adults. Visiting my aunt and uncle was something cool. I was extremely excited! I couldn't wait to see their faces.
"Ding!" said the elevator when it got to the 9th floor. "Finally!" I trudged. Scrambling through the hallway and having suitcases hitting my feet again and again, didn't stop me from searching for the apartment. I found the house and knocked on the door quickly. My aunt opened the door and greeted me with tons of kisses and hugs. I was kind of embarrassed, but not seeing my aunt for a huge chunk of time made me give her a big hug as well. I rushed quickly to room, got in my really comfy clothes and departed to the bathroom to freshen up. I really wanted to get comfortable because such a long drive worn me out. The drive was for 2 days, but we stopped at a hotel for the night. When I got out I could smell the food on the table and that reminded me of how starved I was. The smell drew me to the delicious food right away. Before the rest of my family could even sit and eat, I was done. Yeah! That's how starved I was! After dinner my eyes were getting really heavy. Whew! So much excitement in one day! I was worn out. I jumped into my comfy bed and snored away. Boy was I tired.
The next bright morning I woke up feeling fresh and ready for a new day. The rest of my family was already up and sitting down for breakfast.
"Finally you're awake!" my irritating brother sneered. "It's only 10 am, you idiot!" I retorted. I was sitting down for breakfast, when my mom gave an amazing news. "We're going to Niagara Falls. Get ready after breakfast." my mom alerted me.
"Sweet! I get to accomplish my 2nd reason for coming to Canada!" I bellowed enthusiasticly. After getting the news, I chugged the rest of my breakfast, rushed to the room, got changed and settled for Niagara Falls. I sat on the couch, waiting and waiting for the rest of my family to get ready.
"Tik Tok. Tik Tok." meandered the clock after every second. It felt like I was sitting there for hundred years. I hated waiting(as I mentioned before). 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 20 minutes, 25 minutes, 30 minutes.The time just rised and rised again and again. Finally, after 45 minutes, everyone was ready to go. I was the first one out and in the car.I didn't want to waste another second to go see Niagara Falls.
"What's the rush? Niagara Falls isn't running away!" trudged my brother. "I know, but I am just so excited!" I replied.
The car ride was okay, but I was too into anticipating about how Niagara Falls features would be like.
When I walked into those gates, I got a happy, excited feeling starting to build up inside of me. Me and dad ran along to the ticket counter to get tickets, while the rest of my family and aunt and uncle were hanging around. I was excited to see Niagara Falls. It was my dream and the 2nd reason why I came to Canada in the first place. The line was kind of long, but not really. The line went fast and finally we were at the counter and ready to buy tickets. I grabbed the tickets off the counter and ran to the gates to enter Niagara Falls.
"Come on! Hurry up!" I screamed to the others. I didn't want to waste any more time to take the final step to accomplishing my reason for coming to Canada, while standing right in front of it. I opened those gates and at that time I could hear the sound of water scurrying and smell the watery scent. Wow is what I could just say. I was surprised of all of it's features. I stood there in shock and amazement, staring at the incredible miracle. We took pictures and video shots of Niagara Falls and us. Water splashed everywhere. I liked that! I didn't want to leave. I just loved it! It was sad when I had to leave without reminding me of that moment. So I scurried over to the souvenir shop and got a t shirt and a little glass thing of Niagara Falls. I knew these things would definitely remind me of that moment. That miracle will always be fresh and new in my mind.
The next day was kind of like a good bye day. There were people coming all day to say goodbye to us. It did feel sad but at least I had the souvenirs and gifts people gave us. There was huge party with tables full of food,plates,cups and bowls. There were rooms filled with people, little kids screaming and crying and so much noise you couldn't even hear a spoon drop. I was irritated by the noise and fuss, but hey that was the last day I was going to be in Canada, so I quickly changed my mood to happy. I felt touched, honored and special that my aunt and uncle went through all that trouble just for us.
Before the goodbye party started, my mom and I packed all of our bags so we could leave also after the party. I was so sad. I was seeing my aunt and uncle after so long, but then I was also happy that I got to meet them and go to Niagara Falls. As soon as everyone left, we gathered everything up and did our goodbye's.
Sitting in the car observing tree after tree was boring. Tiredness and sadness were covering me. Tiredness because of the party and sadness because of leaving. Even though I was leaving behind some good memories behind, they are and will always be in my heart.
I liked your good words and vocabulary
ReplyDeleteEMILY L.